Careers for Respiratory Therapy Professionals
At HCA, our respiratory care therapists and practitioners provide effective treatment for individuals with acute and chronic lung conditions. Our respiratory team members provide services to patients of all ages, in a wide range of situations.
Your skills and training will directly benefit patients as you:
- Set up and operate ventilators, aerosol generators and disposable respiratory care products, following specific treatment parameters
- Assist with emergency care, including artificial ventilation, external cardiac massage, and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Collect and analyze arterial blood gases and provide appropriate corrective intervention
- Execute the therapeutic instructions of physicians and monitor patient response to therapy
- Consult with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals as part of the team managing the patient’s plan of care