Job Code: 00448-36311
Nights (rotating weekends)
Henrico Doctors’ Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We specialize in heart and stroke care, women's health, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery, we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS*
1. *Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide nursing care to the Emergency Department patient.
2. *Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient, and departmental safety.
3. *Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
4. *Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
5. Displays competency in the charge nurse and triage roles by supervising the delivery of care.
6. *Demonstrates Leadership and Professionalism in nursing practice
7. *Initiates and documents patient teaching including family and/or significant others. Uses appropriate patient education documentation modality
8. *Assesses, initiates, and evaluates education of patient/family, self and others
* THOSE SPECIFIC FUNCTIONS WITH AN (*) ARE ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS CONSIDERED NECESSARY TO ACCOMPLISH THIS JOB.
Required - Current Virginia license or license pending state board approval.
Preferred - One year experience in Emergency services.
Required - Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Preferred - BSN or enrolled in a bachelor of nursing program.
Last Edited: 02/17/2017