Job Code: 01533-72501
Evenings (rotating weekends)
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center – Webster, TX
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, where sophisticated, world-class medicine meets the comfort, care, and convenience of a community hospital. For more than 40 years, Clear Lake Regional Medical Center has been providing high-quality, cost-effective, comprehensive healthcare to the Bay Area Houston region.
Some of the services provided at Clear Lake Regional Medical Center include:
- Breast Diagnostic Center
- Cancer care
- Diabetes management
- Level III emergency department
- ACR-accredited imaging center
- One-on-one therapy
- Neuroscience and neurology
- Minimally-invasive and robotic surgery
- Wound treatment center
- Women’s and Children’s Center
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center, a Top Performer on Joint Commission Key Qualities, opened its doors in 1972. Today, we have approximately 2,000 staff members and 900 physicians in multiple specialties – more talent and experience than any other hospital in the region.
Clear Lake Regional Medical Center is looking for a Paramedic – Emergency Room
- Performs patient care functions in compliance with hospital policies and procedures:
- Assists patients with activities of daily living.
- Assists with diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- Assists in admitting, transferring and discharging of patients.
- Assists with management of supplies and equipment.
- Keeps licensed nurse informed of patient activities/changes in condition.
- Routinely performs venipunctures for laboratory specimens.
- Responds in a customer friendly atmosphere.
- Answers call lights and refers to licensed nurse as needed.
- Responsible for physical appearance of the nursing unit.
- Transports patients, including those requiring cardiac monitoring.
- Perform and interprets ECG rhythm strips.
- Performs 12-lead ECG’s.
- Performs Point of Care (POC) testing in accordance with written policies and procedures
- Obtains IV access per protocols as needed.
- Attends stable patients requiring cardiac monitoring during off unit testing, (i.e. CT scan, MRI etc.).
- Previous EMT-Paramedic, Paramedic or Military Medic equivalent.
- Maintains current CPR certification.
- Obtains ACLS or Code Blue certification
- Completes IV learning module with 80% or better or remediation.
- Obtains Basic ECG certification or successfully completes ECG challenge test.
- Must be detail oriented and able to operate mechanical, electrical and computer-controlled instrumentation.
Vacation, 401k, Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
Dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness resources and flexible spending accounts,
along with other voluntary benefit options and programs.
Last Edited: 02/22/2017