Job Code: 01578-74871
Nights (rotating weekends)
- Applies nursing judgment through a thorough, systematic approach of applying the nursing process, to include:
- Assessment: Conducts ongoing focused physical, psychosocial, and pain assessments; includes assessment of patient education needs.
- Planning: Utilizes the assessment, identifies problems, makes nursing diagnoses, formulates goals, teaching plans and outcomes to create an individualized plan of care. Identifies individual patient goals, readiness to learn, and incorporates family into the plan of care.
- Implementation: Prioritizes and implements an efficient nursing plan of care.
- Evaluation/Reassessment: Consistently conducts timely evaluations, recognizes changes in patient conditions, determines when reassessments are needed, and adjusts the plan of care as necessary. Compares expected and achieved outcomes of nursing care utilizing the plan of care.
- Collaborates with patient care team members on patient care plan, incorporating consistent use of hand-off communication and SBAR communication methods.
- Prioritizes tasks and adjusts priorities when necessary. Maintains an orderly, efficient, and timely flow of patients. Recognizes and reports errors or unusual occurrences, and initiates corrective action when appropriate.
- Makes accurate, complete, and timely entries into the patient medical record addressing all steps of the nursing process. Actively communicates with members of the healthcare team, patient, and patient family.
- Maintains current nursing knowledge to assure a safe working environment.
- Required: Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree nursing program.
- Preferred: Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required:
1. Required: RN License to practice as a professional registered nursing in the state of Texas or Active Multi-State RN Compact License. (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date.)
2. Preferred: Certification in their specialty
- A minimum of six (6) months clinical experience as a licensed RN
Last Edited: 02/17/2017