Job Code: 10210-20502
POSITION TITLE: MidAmerica Division Physician & Provider Relations VP
REPORTS TO: VP Physician & Provider Relations - HCA
DIRECT REPORTS: Division based, facility, or service line support P&PR professionals. Division AVP, Outreach and Telemedicine
The Vice President of Physician & Provider Relations directs the day-to-day operational activities of the Physician & Provider Relations service functions as they relate to HCA's MidAmerica Division (KS, MO, LA, MS), serving key target customers: physicians, outreach customers, including rural hospitals, urgent care centers, ambulatory surgery centers, and physician practices. The VP of Physician & Provider Relations will develop, manage and motivate Physician & Provider Relations staff to fulfill acquisition, retention and growth strategies and objectives.
The PPR Vice President will also have divisional leadership responsibility for Outreach and Telemedicine and managing affiliated hospital relationships. This will include management responsibility for the Division AVP, Outreach and Telemedicine.
- Full employment “life-cycle” responsibilities for selecting, managing, developing, evaluating, and disciplining Physician & Provider Relations and facility staff to achieve measurable P&PR objectives
- Ensures regulatory compliance in all activities.
- Manages budget and financial matters for Division P&PR.
- Work with hospital management teams and division management to develop annual organizational and individual hospital Physician & Provider Relations strategic plans
- Develop collaborative relationships between division and hospital executives to increase Physician & Provider Relations efforts (growth strategies, service line development , best practice sharing)
- Issue Resolution management, including management of data, metrics and dashboards. Create division, market, and hospital Physician & Provider Relations reporting processes used to monitor and summarize division Physician & Provider Relations activities and effectiveness
- Track and manage Physician & Provider Relations reports in the database management tool, interpreting data to information for the benefit of the operations leaders.
- Meet with targeted physicians as needed, but at least quarterly for retention of current business and development of new business
- Assist in the development of performance standards (career ladders) and compensation programs for Physician & Provider Relations Representatives
- Partner with marketing to develop Physician & Provider Relations materials and strategies to be used by Physician & Provider Relations Representatives
- Development and execution of annual Outreach and Telemedicine divisional strategy, including management of AVP, Outreach and Telemedicine.
Education: The skill set needed for this position is typically obtained through a minimum of Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university, and preference of a Master's degree in a related field. Clinical/healthcare leadership experience required. Consideration can be given for directly related experience with demonstrated competencies and references reflecting equivalency to required education.
- Requires seven to ten years of sales/management experience
- Seven to ten years of sales management experience in healthcare strongly preferred
Last Edited: 02/09/2017