Job Code: 20685-54707
The Licensed Practical Nurse is a key member of the Physician Practice and provides clinical and administrative expertise to ensure all patients receive high quality, efficient care. Assist physicians in performing nurse procedures for the comfort and well being of patients. Interview patients and take medical history, give injections, complete lab and x-ray requests, keep charts current, and screen calls within physician guidelines. Administer prescribed medications and simple treatment as directed by physician or mid-level practitioner.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Provide overall support for Physicians and office operations.
· Recording health history of patient and noting abnormal conditions for physician.
· Instructing patients on collection of any necessary samples and tests.
· Obtaining vital signs and escorting patients to rooms.
· Giving injections, administering prescribed medications as directed by physician and in accordance with nursing standards.
· Observing, recording, and reporting patient's condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
· Ensuring that patient chart entries are made accurately and in a timely matter and forwarding charts as appropriate.
· Maintaining patient files, records, and other information.
· Assisting with scheduling of tests and treatments.
· Arranging referrals to a specialist and obtaining pre-authorizations when directed to by the provider.
· Prepares exam and treatment rooms with necessary instruments.
· Gives injections and assists with lab testing and Phlebotomy.
· Prepares and maintains supplies and equipment for treatments, including sterilization.
· Assists physicians in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals.
· Graduation from an Accredited School of Practical Nursing program is required.
· Minimum of two years experience as an LPN in a hospital or clinic setting is required.
· Current state LPN license is required.
· CPR certification preferred.
Last Edited: 02/17/2017