Job Code: 24926-52409
The HCA Physician Services Group (PSG) is the physician and practice management solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA). PSG operates more than 750 practices, Urgent Care Facilities, and partners with HCA’s 165 hospitals to structure employed provider programs, professional service agreements, and joint ventures that offer the communities we serve high quality, cost effective care. We manage a collection of highly motivated and innovative leaders who are committed to excellence in every aspect of their career.
The CareNow Urgent Care Clinic hours are Monday-Friday 8am-10pm, Saturdays 8am-8pm, and Sundays 8am-5pm. You must have the flexibility to work during those hours.
This is a PRN-as needed-position.
The role of the Licensed Practical Nurse includes assisting physicians in performing nurse procedures for the comfort and well-being of patients. Interview patients and take medical history, give injections, complete lab and x-ray requests, keep charts current, and screen calls within physician guidelines. Administer prescribed medications and simple treatments as directed by physician or mid-level practitioner.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO:
• Greeting patients and preparing them for examination or procedure. Recording health history of patient and noting abnormal conditions for physician. Instructing patients on collection of any necessary samples and tests. Obtaining vital signs and escorting patients to rooms.
• Assisting with the preparation of supplies and equipment and aiding the physician or mid-level practitioner during treatment, examination, and testing of patients.
• Giving injections, administering prescribed medications as directed by physician and in accordance with nursing standards. Observing, recording, and reporting patient’s condition and reaction to drugs and treatments to physicians.
• Ensuring that patient chart entries are made accurately and in a timely matter and forwarding charts as appropriate. Maintaining patient files, records, and other information.
• Assisting with scheduling of tests and treatments. Arranging referrals to a specialist and obtaining pre-authorizations when directed to by the provider.
• Collecting, documenting, and delivering lab specimens and obtaining lab test results and other reports.
• Notifying patients of test results and follow-up appointments.
• Instructing patient and family regarding medications and treatment and discharge instructions.
• Assisting the provider with physical exams and in preparing for physicals.
• Contacting pharmacy to order prescriptions and notifying patients.
• Keeping an accurate and up to date inventory of medications and monitoring controlled substances.
• Controlling inventory and monitoring the use of supplies.
• Maintaining up to date stock and monitoring and maintaining medical equipment.
• Responding to and screening telephone calls for referral to nurse or physician. Triaging patients to ensure productive departmental flow.
• A degree from an accredited school of practical nursing is required.
• Minimum of two years’ experience in a hospital or clinic setting is preferred.
Last Edited: 02/17/2017