Job Code: 00035-37008
Nights (rotating weekends)
Swift Creek Emergency Center, a department of Chippenham & Johnston-Willis Hospitals opening in early 2016, will be staffed with board-certified emergency room physicians and nurses 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Located in the Hancock Village Shopping Center in front of Hobby Lobby
Swift Creek Emergency Center will feature:
• Separate pediatric & adult waiting area to help alleviate younger patient’s anxiety
• All private treatment rooms
• Diagnostic & portable X-rays
• On-site laboratory testing
• Telemedicine capabilities
The Emergency Department Registered Nurse (RN) will perform care under the direction of the unit Nursing Leadership Team and the Director.
The ER Registered Nurse provides therapeutic and administrative services necessary for the care of the patient, in support of HCA ethical and compliance principles and values.
The Emergency Department RN performs and documents initial admission assessment on all patients upon arrival in the Emergency Department. Complete Triage competencies according to triage guidelines within the first year of hire and maintain Triage education thereafter.
The ER Nurse must perform accurate Triage assessments and exhibit exceptional customer service skills. Plans and provides patient care as per MD, DO, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner orders, established Protocols, and policies.
The ED Registered Nurse is responsible for assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting all aspects of patient care.
The ED RN delegates appropriate tasks to unlicensed personnel and provides required supervision.
The Emergency Room Registered Nurse works closely with all health care providers to facilitate and coordinate efficient, effective, and quality healthcare.
The ER RN communicates effectively and maintains therapeutic relationships with patients, families, physicians, and staff. Evaluates patient’s signs and symptoms; and records and reports results.
The Emergency Department RN sets priorities and modifies patient care in response to changing conditions by utilizing problem solving skills and exhibiting good judgment. Collaborates with physicians regarding patient progress towards the outcome attainment.
The ER RN assists physicians during treatment/examination of patient and processes orders. Makes appropriate and timely notification to physician on patient condition changes.
The ED Registered Nurse is expected to attend Unit Meetings as directed by the Nurse Manager and participate in continuing education programs to maintain competence and gain additional skills.
- Patient Rights - The ED Registered Nurse will work to support and protect the rights of each patient served, treat each patient with dignity and care, and maintain patient confidentiality/privacy.
- Patient Safety – The ED Registered Nurse demonstrates commitment to patient safety initiatives including patient falls, medication safety, National Patient Safety Goals, critical value reporting, and administration of blood products.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
- Diploma or Associates Degree from a professional nursing program (required)
- BSN or current enrollment in a BSN program at an accredited school of Nursing (preferred)
- Current Registered Nurse License in this state
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- ACLS and PALS certification (preferred)
Last Edited: 03/20/2017