Job Code: 00037-58291
Provides for all aspects of patient care for Physical Therapy including plan of care, education of patient/family, communication with physicians and documentation of patient care. Supervises PTAs and Technicians. Identifies cultural differences and incorporates into care. Utilizes translation services when indicated. Fulfills departmental responsibilities with the long range plan, mission, vision, and values of the hospital. Promotes a supportive environment that encourages collegiality. Cares for Neonate/Infant (0-12 months) Pediatrics (1 – 17 years) Adults (18 – 79 years) Elderly (80+ years).
Position tasks and responsibilities include:
- Plans and uses therapies involving physical exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity.
- Utilizes various mechanical and electrical equipment and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patient's response to treatment and progress toward identified goals.
- Integrates physical therapy treatments with other aspects of patient care.
- Assists patients reach their maximal reasonably levels of function and to cope with their limitations.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Participates in patient discharge planning.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy program
- Current Kentucky licensure as a Physical Therapist.
- Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 04/17/2017