Job Code: 00039-11673
Monday- Friday Days
Senior Healthcare Centers are outpatient departments of North Florida Regional Medical Center. Our mission is to provide exceptional primary care to seniors. Through our dynamic interdisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, case manager, pharmacist, lab technician, and support staff Senior Healthcare Centers address the wide range of medical and psychosocial issues affecting the aging population. http://www.seniorprimarycare.com
Our patient appointments include annual physical, follow up care for chronic disease monitoring, work-in acute issue management, hospitalization follow up, lab draw, nursing follow up care, etc.
Our Registered Nurse (RN) responsibilities include:
· Collect vital signs, pain scale, chief complaint, assessment questionnaire
· Medication reconciliation review
· Coordinate flow of patient clinic for provider
· Completes and/or coordinates treatment orders prescribed for the MD during the visit (i.e. vaccination, medication administration, venipuncture, EKG, bladder scan, ear lavage, consult with pharmacist or case manager)
· Documentation within electronic health record (eClinicalWorks)
· Review discharge instructions with patient and/or family
· Appropriately direct patient inquires in person and on the phone
· Manage multiple priorities
· Collaboration with other Senior Healthcare Centers and hospital department team members
Clinic open hours are Monday through Friday 8am-4pm. This position requires availability outside clinic open hours for opening and closing of clinic or to accommodate extended patient clinic schedule.
EDUCATION REQUIRED AND/OR PREFERRED:
Graduation from an accredited school of Nursing
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
1 year related experience
LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION: (list required and preferred separately)
RN license in the State of Florida. BLS certification
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES:
Demonstrated skills in organization, verbal and written communications, and customer service. Ability to follow instructions, and proficient in using computer application software.
Skilled in handling fast pace and multiple priorities. Ability to perform vital signs, vaccine administration, venipunctures, fingersticks, EKGs.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus.
Last Edited: 04/21/2017