Job Code: 01371-6181
Fawcett Memorial Hospital is located in the Tampa Bay area along Florida's Gulf Coast. Celebrating over 40 years of providing quality healthcare to Charlotte County, our mission is to make each patient encounter an opportunity to heal, with care, and compassion and with dedication to excellence. Fawcett Memorial Hospital is a 237-bed, full-service acute care hospital serving Charlotte County and the surrounding areas since 1975. Clinical specialties include 24-hour emergency care center, a comprehensive ACoS CoC accredited cancer program, Joint Commission accredited Stroke Center of Excellence, accredited Chest Pain Center with Percutaneous Coronary Intervention, Joint Commission certified Orthopedic and Spine Center, wound management and hyperbaric medicine, Inpatient and Outpatient Surgery, Minimally Invasive Surgery, state-of-the-art cardiovascular surgery program, sports & rehabilitation services, and many outpatient programs.
We are proud to be joined by over 350 of the area’s most respected physicians. Fawcett has received the America’s Top 100 Hospital recognition by Healthgrades for 2015 which puts the facility in the top 2% in the nation for clinical excellence. What does all of this mean to you? It means that right here in Charlotte County, you have access to one of the best hospitals in the area.
RN Case Management
The RN Case Manager provides hospital case management/utilization review and discharge planning to assure that the patient progresses through the continuum of care, and is discharged to the least restrictive environment. They coordinate the integration of the social service function into patient care. The Case Manager also coordinates the hospital activities concerned with case management and discharge planning. They adhere to departmental goals, objectives, standards of performance, and policies and procedures. Ensure compliance with quality patient care and regulatory compliance.
- RN with current state licensure, BSN preferred
- Three years of recent nursing experience in case management within acute care hospital setting preferred
- Certification in Case Management preferred
- Ability to establish and maintain collaborative and effective working relationships
- Demonstrates analytical and critical thinking abilities with pro-active decision-making and negotiation skills
- Demonstrates an ability to perform specific competencies as identified on the Case Management Competency Grid
Last Edited: 04/19/2017