Job Code: 01515-17333
Las Palmas Medical Center is a Level III Trauma, 186-private patient room, full service acute care hospital. Las Palmas Medical Center offers comprehensive healthcare and provides leading-edge technologies. Our Lifecare Center offers inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation programs, as well as our fully equipped fitness and wellness center in one convenient location. We also house the region’s only Kidney Transplant Center.
We are located on the Westside of El Paso, Texas close to the University of Texas El Paso campus. We provide exceptional patient care services to the El Paso and Fort Bliss communities, as well as Southern New Mexico and West Texas Regions.
The RN staff nurse provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Las Palmas Medical Center and the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners. In collaboration with the patient, the patient's family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and coordinates treatment plans.
Core competencies will be assessed primarily on the following patient population(s) served: Triage, assess and treat patients of all ages presenting for emergency care for all body systems, conditions & diseases including but not limited to: Coronary, Pulmonary, Neuro, Skeletal-muscular, GI/metabolic, GU/renal, GYN, integumentary, etc.
- Demonstrates knowledge and application of advance patient care, to include vital signs, venipuncture, urinary catherization, cardiac .monitoring, nasogastric tube insertion, medication administration as per the medical director, endotracheal intubation, ACLS and 12 lead EKG. Blood glucose monitoring, patient transfers - lifts, immoblization techniques, basic wound care and dressing changes, assist with emergency procedures and equipment/supplies, pulse oximetry monitoring and oxygen delivery device application.
- Monitors and recognizes changes in the patients behavioral and physiological status and takes appropriate action based on assessment.
- Utilizes professional skills and judgment to perform assigned nursing treatments and procedures for a group of patients.
- Other duties as assigned.
- RN licensed in State of Texas or compact license
- ACLS (GN's , GVN's and new certified Paramedics have 6 months to obtain)
- PALS or ENPC (GN's , GVN's and new certified Paramedics have 6 months to obtain)
- TNCC (RN only) GN's have 6 months to obtain
Associate degree in Nursing or Bachelors Degree in Nursing
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 04/20/2017