Job Code: 07346-16937
Are you ready for a work schedule that fits your lifestyle? “We offer No nights, No weekends, No call"
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
The Radiology Technician conducts radiologic procedures to provide data to assist in the diagnosis of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
- Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
- Under the supervision of a Radiologist, performs x-ray therapy on patients.
- Explains procedures to patients and addresses their concerns.
- Positions patients utilizing immobilization devices.
- May administer barium salts or other chemical mixtures.
- Operates stationary equipment and/or portable equipment used in the Operating Room.
- Takes pictures and develops film.
- Monitors, records and communicates as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Utilizes knowledge of age specific needs of patient in performance of duties and responsibilities.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
- Provides a safe environment for administering contrast material.
- Assists with transporting patients.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
Required Job Qualifications include:
- Graduate of an accredited program for Radiographers.
- ARRT Certification
- Current Certification in Basic Life Support
- Current Pain Management experience preferred.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 lbs.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 06/21/2017