Job Code: 07832-63689
Are you ready for a work schedule that fits your lifestyle? “We offer No nights, No weekends, No call"
The Ambulatory Surgery Division operates over 100 ambulatory surgery centers’ across the U.S. Ambulatory Surgery Centers (ASCs) perform surgeries that do not require hospital admission. They provide cost-effective services and a convenient environment. Procedures are performed in a fully equipped operating room and recovery is under the care of highly skilled nurses. Whether young or old or somewhere in between, patients and their families benefit from the comfortable environment ASCs have to offer. Surgeries performed include eye, ear, nose and throat (ENT), general surgery, gynecologic, plastic surgery, podiatry and orthopedics. Apply Now! Come Join our Team!
The Registered Nurse in this area assumes the responsibility of team leader utilizing the nursing process in planning, executing, and evaluating the nursing care given to the patient during the intra-operative period. Applies knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
Plans and delivers safe, effective nursing care until patient is transferred from his/her care to that of the recovery R.N. Nursing care meets current standards of the profession, the policies / procedures of the center and is appropriate to the center’s patient population.
1. Carries out all physician orders.
2. Assists with various types of procedures
3. Assist anesthesia staff as required.
4. Assesses the physical and psychological health status of patients requiring surgical/procedural intervention.
5. Applies principles of surgical asepsis.
6. Maintains attention to detail with documentation of activities during the procedure regarding use of supplies, equipment, and medications.
7. Verification of procedure; appropriateness of procedural consent(s); identification of patient and allergies
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of GI/Endoscopy care standards and techniques.
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all documentation is legible, complete, accurate, and factual.
- Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems, and objectives.
- Maintains advance knowledge of advances in peri-operative field of nursing.
- Has knowledge of patient rights and strives to improve patient outcomes by respecting each patient’s cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory, compliance, and accreditation standards and requirements.
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to others and openly expresses respect for differing opinions.
- Demonstrates leadership, effective organizing, and planning skills.
- Effective problem solving skills to include data analysis and judgment to make effective decisions.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- High Impact Communication - Effective oral and written communication skills
- Computer Skills – Knowledge and basic use of computer skills.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to build trust and gain respect through effective team leadership and participation skills.
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Minimum 2 years experience in a GI/Endoscopy, Preop/PACU or ICU setting; preferably in an ambulatory surgery center.
- Additional specialty experience may be required as per facility practices(i.e. Pediatric, etc)
- Active RN license as required by state of employment.
- Required valid BCLS Certification upon employment. ***online certification not acceptable.
- ACLS required.
- PALS as required by facility.
Associate's Degree/College Diploma
Last Edited: 05/23/2017