Job Code: 08452-59022
TriStar Health is the region’s largest, most comprehensive healthcare provider with hospitals located in Middle Tennessee and Bowling Green, Kentucky. The healthcare network of choice for thousands of people in the region, TriStar offers the convenience, comfort and individualized care you deserve from your healthcare provider.
Every year, we serve more than 75,000 patients in our 13 hospitals and more than 360,000 patients in our emergency rooms (ERs) throughout Middle Tennessee and Southern Kentucky. With so many locations, you are never far away from a quality hospital or ER.
At each of our locations, you can expect an outstanding selection of doctors, a dedicated team of healthcare professionals and advanced technologies used in everything from joint replacement surgery to cancer treatment.
“Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. In recognition of this commitment, we strive to deliver high-quality, cost-effective healthcare in the communities we serve.”
TriStar Health is seeking a Nurse Navigator to support their Care Assure Program and this position will be supporting Greenview Regional Hospital working Part-time.
General Summary of Duties – The Care Assure Nurse Navigator is responsible for the programs and resources that support the navigation of patients through complex healthcare environments for the optimization of care and outcomes. S/he facilitates patient follow-up through coaching, information transfer, and communication in order to improve continuity of care, enhance the medical management of complex disease, and streamline the intervention process. The incumbent guides patients through the health care system by assisting with access issues, developing relationships with service providers, and tracking interventions and outcomes. Serves as a point of contact for referring physicians, patients and caregivers to provide resources and assistance with accessing clinical and supportive care services.
Duties Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Reviews patient case lists generated by technology-enabled data triggers to identify patients that could benefit from intervention.
- Communicates with physicians (in the hospital and in the community) about patients' potential for referral / follow-up treatment.
- Provides feedback to leadership in regards to target population in order to enhance care coordination and patient satisfaction.
- Schedules follow-up appointments and provide information and reminders to patients & physician offices.
- Tracks outcomes of referrals and treatments.
- Maintains detailed records to measure effectiveness of program and suggest ways to improve throughout the process.
- Works with physicians and program leadership on a daily basis.
- Engages providers and patients in a program that will improve outcomes and the efficiency of medical care.
- Performs position specific job functions at an acceptable level.
- Reviews clinical progress of patients and coordinates communications to referring, consulting, and primary care physicians.
- Plan, organize and provide direct care to the patient, as appropriate, if called upon to do so.
- Facilitates the development of a patient specific teaching plan.
- Reviews medications /educates patient as needed, Initiates communication regarding dashboard triggers with care team.
- Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities related to the target population and involving all levels of staff.
- Educates patient and families regarding planned procedures, medications and treatments.
- Evaluates clinical educational need of staff related to target population and facilitates collaboration with clinical care givers.
- Makes appropriate referrals as noted by the physician.
- Coordinates information among referring, primary care and consulting physicians and ancillary departments.
- Answers patient/family phone calls, fields’ questions appropriately.
- Participates in creating an environment that implements the mission, vision and values of the organization.
- Encourages collegiality and collaboration when integrating pilot services with other departments.
- Evaluates and provides input regarding the utilization of resources to meet the needs of the target population.
- Plans and delivers weekly status updates.
- Reviews pertinent clinical detail including diagnostic imaging studies, lab values and notifies MD as appropriate for abnormal findings.
- Demonstrates competency and performs consistently under non-routine conditions and complex situations.
- Collaborates with Care Assure team members and suggests ideas for development.
- Significantly improves specific processes; recommends and facilitates initiatives to improve stakeholder value.
- Drives key business improvements and results.
- Participates as a subject matter expert.
- Demonstrates competency and performs consistently under routine conditions/situations.
- Applies appropriate tools and methods.
- Complies with and actively support HCA and hospital compliance and ethics programs and activities.
- Complies with and actively support patient safety initiatives.
- Completes all other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing with graduation from an accredited school of nursing required. Will consider candidate with BSN within 6-9 months of hire or currently in school pursing BSN.
- Minimum 3 - 5 years relevant specialty area experience (i.e. Cardiovascular, Orthopedic, Neuroscience, Spine, and Oncology) specialty area experience strongly preferred. Knowledge and application of pertinent computer programs and imaging software (I.E. MUSE, PACS, etc.)
- Current Registered Nurse (RN) license
- MS Office, hospital based computing systems (i.e. Meditech), Critical thinking, service excellence and good interpersonal communications skills, ability to read/comprehend written instructions, ability to follow verbal instructions, PC Skills
Last Edited: 03/20/2017