Job Code: 08621-10061
Days (rotating weekends)
Eastside Medical Center – Snellville, GA
Mental Health Tech
Eastside Medical Center is currently looking for a Mental Health Tech Part Time Day Shift- 7a-7P, 24 hours a week commitment and rotate weekends and holidays.
Located at Eastside Medical Center-South Campus, our behavioral health department is a 24-hour 61 bed inpatient unit. The department is divided into four locked units for our patients.
Behavioral Health Services offers inpatient psychiatric stabilization and treatment for adults (age 18+). Our treatment specialties are adult psychiatry, dual diagnosis and senior adults. Inpatient Services, is organized as described herein so that we may provide a high quality of comprehensive nursing care to all patients on a 24 hour basis in a 61 bed acute psychiatric setting. Dual diagnosis treatment occurs within the context of milieu and group modalities of treatment. ECT services are provided for both inpatients and outpatients on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays each week.
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served
- Promotes customer service initiatives along with Eastside’s Service Values.
- Documents all patient care.
- Utilizes Nursing Process for individual care to meet needs of patients.
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
- Promotes compliance with National Patient Safety Goals.
- Provides total hygiene care including skin care, bathing, toileting, etc.
- Assists with patient ambulation in room, hall, and bathroom.
- Assists in feeding patients, offering fluids and snacks, recording amounts consumed.
- Responds to call bell needs, requests from patient/family and nurses.
- Documents vital signs and informs nurse of any change in patient status.
- Assists with stocking supplies and maintains clean working environment.
- Assists co-workers to meet patient care needs.
- One (1) to two (2) years previous experience in an inpatient/outpatient behavioral health setting
- High School Diploma/GED required
- BLS - American Heart Association required
- Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer
- B.S/B.A in behavioral health sciences OR Georgia Nurse’s Aide Certification
- Certified Addiction Counselor Certification
Last Edited: 05/17/2017