Job Code: 08621-10163
Eastside is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
Eastside Medical Center is seeking a PRN Physical Therapist.
*** Must be able to work weekends during the day and possible vacation coverage during the week ***
· Provides rehabilitation, prevention and education therapy to the neonates, pediatrics, adolescent, adult and geriatric population based on current clinical practice and for which educational background has provided skill.
Department Specific Criteria:
· Evaluates patients based upon observations, interviews, medical records review and completes assessment of physical capacities.
· Documents information and reassess as patient warrants.
· Completes initial evaluation in time frame according to policy and includes findings, rehab, potential/prognosis, goals with time frame for achievement.
· Includes patient/family participation in goals and criteria for discharge.
· Uses professional judgment to review or revise the treatment plan or goals as evidenced by documentation.
· The patient/family response to and participation in treatment are evaluated and documentation reflects interaction.
· Implements treatment plan and directs intervention by other staff members to meet needs of patient/patient population.
· Documentation is reflective of treatment plan, specific intervention techniques, and parameters. Treatment is based on current standards of practice.
· Provides and documents patient/family/health care/team education/teaching that meets patient/family needs.
· Evaluates Rehab staff members’ provision of care and provides direction as needed.
· Acts as patient advocate by maintaining and adhering to patient rights.
· Provides for the safety and privacy of the patient by using necessary safety equipment, staffing assistance, draping or dressing. As evidenced by observation of key management, risk management reporting, patient satisfaction surveys.
· Maintains knowledge of current standards of rehab practice, assists in development and implementation of hospital-wide patient care programs that meet the needs of patient population.
· Establishes priorities in the provision of care that are pertinent to the needs of the patients. Reacts to changes in a calm manner and maintains flexibility in reacting to these changes. Rehab staff and other departments as needed are kept aware of their role in meeting the patients’ needs.
· Initiates and reinforces discharge planning that will meet the continuing rehab needs of patient/family and are consistent with medical regimen.
· Demonstrates age specific care to the patient population served in Rehab Services.
· Provides accurate charting to assure reimbursement and quality patient care.
· Participates in evaluation of new equipment and technology that impact on provision of rehab services.
· Graduate of an accredited Physical Therapy curriculum
· Current Georgia license
· BLS – American Heart Association – required
· South Campus – Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer
Floaters to South Campus – Signed introductory Crisis Prevention document
Last Edited: 04/20/2017
Apply for this job