Job Code: 08621-10164
Eastside Medical Center is a 310-bed, full-service, acute care medical center with nearly 1,200 employees and 450 affiliated physicians. The hospital is fully accredited by The Joint Commission. Eastside Medical Center has been a leader for 31 years in a wide range of state of the art healthcare, including emergency services, neurosurgery, orthopaedics, women’s services, neurosciences, oncology, cardiology and behavioral health.
Eastside is seeking a Speech Language Pathologist.
***Must be available for weekends; 2 shifts per month required, along with 1 minor holiday and 2 weekends around major holidays.***
- Utilizes effective communication skills in interpersonal relationships with co-workers, other hospital personnel, physicians, supervisors, and outside agencies.
- Administers treatment to patient according to department policy.
- Documents all essential patient information per departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensures appropriate care is given by reviewing the treatment plan and adjusts accordingly.
- Instructs and includes patient/family in treatment plan/goals.
- Initiates and reinforces discharge planning that will meet the continuing rehabilitation needs of the patient/family and are consistent with the medical regimen.
- Maintains patient/employee confidentiality and privacy.
- Graduate of accredited Speech Language curriculum
- Master’s degree required
- Current Georgica license required
- Certificate of Clinical Competence from American Speech/Language and Hearing Association
- BLS – American Heart Association - required
- New Grads accepted/experience preferred
- South Campus – Crisis Prevention within 60 days of hire or transfer
Last Edited: 04/20/2017