Job Code: 09394-1690
At HCA, It's You, It's Me, It's All of Us®
If you enjoy working in a fast paced environment with high standards and a quality work culture, review the details below and let's see if there is a match. Along with many other great benefits, our surgery center offers NO On-Call, NO Nights, and NO weekends.
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company by ensuring that patients are admitted efficiently, courteously, and in a timely manner. This includes providing accurate demographic and insurance information to ensure accurate coding, billing, and claims submission.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Responsible for accurately performing all functions of patient admissions, including reviewing all information with patient, completing appropriate forms, and copying appropriate insurance cards and photo identification.
- Collects and documents all collections actions for patient co-payment and deductibles at the time of service as applicable and issues appropriate payment receipts.
- Performs routine clerical and administrative functions, including answering incoming phone calls.
- Prepares patient charts and pulls previous medical records if applicable. Collects and delivers charts when requested.
- Performs insurance verification when necessary.
- Manages the reception area and greets patients and family members in a professional manner.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting highly preferred. (i.e. ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) preferred.
CERTIFICATE/LICENSE: Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility standard.
Last Edited: 03/29/2017