Job Code: 09727-46618
Days (rotating weekends)
Center Kansas City, MO
Licensed Social Services Clinician – Trauma Unit – FT Days
At Research Medical Center, above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life. Located in beautiful Kansas City, Missouri, Research Medical Center embodies the mission and heart of HCA Midwest Health. We are recognized as a healthcare leader due to our skilled, compassionate and dedicated doctors and nurses.
This is a new 10 bed inpatient trauma unit treating individuals 18 and over who have trauma-related symptoms and diagnoses. The therapeutic approach of the program varies according to individual needs, with a focus on stabilization and trauma resolution utilizing evidence-based approaches, especially interventions which promote growth and empowerment, validate and offer insight, and move patients forward with the least re-traumatizing approach. A combination of treatment approaches are utilized.
Research Psychiatric Center is currently looking for a Licensed Social Services Clinician -Trauma Unit – FT Days.
- Provides professional therapeutic services to behavioral health patients on a designated unit in a manner consistent with the philosophy and objectives of Research Psychiatric Center.
- Participates in the multidisciplinary treatment team plan of care.
- Works collaboratively with members of the health care team, maintains a safe environment, and provides patient and family education.
- Social Services Clinician is responsible for psychosocial assessments, individual, group and family therapy, discharge planning/case management service, crisis intervention and liaison services with referral sources and other departments within the hospital.
- Demonstrates competency to provide care to patients age 18+ years.
- Master's degree in Social Work or Counseling from an accredited university.
- Current Missouri licensure LCSW, LPC or LMFT
- Prefer experience with evidence-based trauma-focused interventions (especially CBT, DBT, EMDR, MI, SFBT, PE, Expressive Therapies, and/or Neurofeedback).
- Prior experience working with a psychiatric mental health population, preferably in an inpatient setting. Prefer experience with case management, discharge planning, group leadership skills, age specific growth and development, crisis and behavior management, family therapy theory and practice.
Last Edited: 04/19/2017