Job Code: 10206-20624
General Statement of Duties: Functions as the strategic leader responsible for setting and executing digital and marketing strategies, as well as, building and managing the organizational infrastructure to enable the division and hospital teams to grow service lines and deliver on their value proposition. Responsibilities also include identification and execution of business development opportunities and strategies. Will report to the SVP, Strategic Planning and Development and directly manage staff, vendor partnerships and the overall Marketing plan for Methodist Healthcare System.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Develops and leads high performing team of system and facility level marketing professionals responsible for primary leadership and direction of marketing opportunities, ensuring collaboration with Public Relations, Communications, Provider Relationship Management, Physician Services Group, CRM, IT, Operations, Finance, Hospital Leadership, and Corporate Affairs.
2. Acts as thought leader for MHS marketing initiatives through collaboration with division leaders to identify areas of opportunity and differentiation and establishes deep, effective partnerships with facility and division senior leadership to serve as primary lead identifying risks and to collect & distribute information for division-wide decision-making.
3. Provides strategic leadership to drive best-in-class marketing plans for division including establishing and managing budget with measurable ROI; tracks initiatives to hospital volumes and budget; formulates and executes annual marketing plan with a focus on increasing market share and revenue.
4. Oversight of brand building efforts based on approved graphic standards and style guides; development of communications and marketing materials (advertising, digital media, etc.) that support the marketing strategy objectives; leverages cutting edge marketing, social media, digital/e-commerce technologies and trends; and continually evaluates and adjusts strategies to stay ahead of changing digital markets across multiple platforms.
5. Proactively monitors the market dynamics including competitive activity, consumer and technology trends and other influences to appropriately share and/or adjust plans, budget or priorities, as warranted and is accountable for outcomes of strategies.
Additional Job Functions:
1. Supports the mission and vision of the Methodist Healthcare System. Understands and is committed to helping the Methodist Healthcare System and its associated facilities achieve its goals.
2. Must learn and comply with System and facility safety policies and rules; must use appropriate safety equipment and procedures at all times; must immediately report all unsafe conditions to supervisors; must be familiar with all safety features of equipment, tools or materials encompassed by job duties; and must check with supervisors (prior to job performance) if there is a question as to the safe procedure to be used for any job function.
3. Adheres to the MHS Code of Conduct and demonstrates ethical behavior as expected by our patients, colleagues and the community. Understands the personal obligation to report any activity that appears to violate applicable laws, rules regulations or the Code of Conduct itself.
4. Researches and identifies external marketing and advertising resources and oversees and assists with events that promote division and hospital initiatives.
5. Reviews for approval all division invoices related to marketing, market research, and communications; and gathers and prepares monthly reports on all division marketing activities to ensure collection of pertinent research and report findings to support profitable program/service line development.
6. Completes other duties as assigned.
Methodist Excellence (ME) Behavior Standards:
HOW WE OPERATE:
Methodist Healthcare has certain principles and values that guide our actions in everything we do. Whether we are providing service at the bedside, curbside or in a support services role, these are constants.
1. Integrity Always do the right thing when no one is looking that is consistent with our Mission and all of our Values.
2. Compassion We create healing experiences, we cure when we can; escort patients to death’s door when we must, but always create healing experiences.
3. Accountability Acknowledging and assuming the responsibility for my actions and decisions for my role in helping MHS become exceptional.
4. Respect Treat others how we would want to be treated through a servant’s heart.
5. Excellence Meeting the needs and exceeding expectations of our colleagues, our partners, and internal and external customers through continuous improvement.
6. Complete understanding of job responsibilities, and adherence to all Methodist Healthcare policies and procedures.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, or health-related field.
2. Experience: 10 years progressive, broad marketing leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years, digital experience and a strong track record of delivering tangible results working with regional teams in complex, matrixed corporations.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service
line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population
served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Master’s or advanced degree in business, marketing or health-related field; previous multi-site marketing experience
Last Edited: 03/06/2017