Job Code: 10210-19764
Excellence. Innovation. Quality of Care. These words describe the focus of the Women's & Children's Service Line... supporting the mission of HCA, one of the largest healthcare providers in the world: “Above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.”
Oversees the operations of pediatric programs within a defined geographic region. Works with each facility’s CEO, Women’s/Children’s Service Line VP and Nursing Department Directors (NICU/PICU and Med/Surg) to ensure resources are leveraged to maximize support of the hospital and achievement of strategic goals. Assists with physician recruitment, program development and referral development activities. Provides strong oversight in service excellence and quality improvement activities to ensure specific outcome metrics are achieved. Works with assigned division leadership in development of key Children’s Services initiatives and strategies.
- Provides oversight and leadership in the development and implementation of Children’s Services strategies, policies, procedures and quality and productivity performance measures.
- Demonstrates Subject Matter Expertise in coordinating, directing and managing all aspects of Children’s Services within the assigned region.
- Works with key stakeholders to execute Physician Value Proposition, which outlines recruitment and retention strategies. Stakeholders include Physician Service Group (PSG), Division VP of Recruitment, Sales and facility leadership.
- Ensures that variations to labor standards are analyzed and escalated to leadership.
- Responsible for establishing and maintaining high quality patient care standards and service at each facility.
- Assists with the development of the annual budget for the applicable units.
- Maintains visibility with programs in assigned region. Provides regular onsite reviews with facility leadership, meets regularly with CMO, physicians and applicable hospital and division senior leaders. Regularly communicates output of reviews, escalates issues and provides positive feedback to senior leadership.
- Conducts standardized Monthly Operating Reviews (MOR) with each Service Line VP and/or Director and communicates key issues in a matrix environment.
- Serves as official pediatric consultant to division leadership.
- Coordinates with HCA resources to ensure efficient and effective operations for the assigned region’s pediatric facilities.
- Stays up-to-date on new developments in the field and incorporates such in the strategic plan.
- Develops a culture of high performance and continuous improvement that values learning and a commitment to quality.
- Provides support with business development, building programs and services.
- Attracts, develops, and retains talent across the division to ensure succession plan.
- Assists facility compliance with The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Conditions of Participation, licensure and other standards, rules and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experienced in strategic planning principals, operations and financial knowledge and capable of organizing, managing, promoting, and evaluating all related pediatric services.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills; both written and verbal.
- Executive level interpersonal skills and the ability to work within a matrix environment.
- Ability to use appropriate interpersonal styles and techniques to gain acceptance of ideas or plans; modifying one’s own behavior to accommodate tasks, situations and individuals involved.
- Ability to thrive in an environment with ambiguity.
Education and Experience:
- Nursing degree or healthcare related field. Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree required.
- 10+ years in senior leadership position within a pediatric setting.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
At least 40% travel -position requires extensive travel 2-3 nights per week for three weeks per month to perform site reviews, MORs and participate in business development or related activities.
Last Edited: 02/13/2017