Job Code: 10213-20282
Division Vice President, HCA Physician Services
Responsible to provide support to Hospital operations management related to Physicians. Provides leadership, direction and ongoing administration and management for all aspects of physician operations and ensures regulatory and HCA policies and procedures are implemented for efficient, effective management of all clinics. Has overall responsibility for all aspects of the development and implementation of compliance, training and education, policies and procedures, best practices. Has responsibility to provide support and leadership for due diligence regarding acquisitions and divestitures:
- Deliver creative and innovative solutions to CEO's related to the physician needs of HCA hospitals.
- Execute physician employment and income guarantee contracts in accordance with hospital CEO and Division management expectations while insuring compliance with all applicable regulatory authorities and HCA policies.
- Work effectively with HCA Physician Services management and support teams while serving as liaison to hospital CEO's and Division management to meet their physician needs.
- Work effectively with the physician recruiting function of HCA Physician Services and hospital liaisons to support the placement of qualified physicians in HCA markets.
- Participate as part of the HCA Physician Services team of Operations VP's to address planning, budgets, new products and services, compliance, and other physician practice issues.
- Oversee and manage HCA employed physician practices and insure they are operated in accordance with Physician Services standards and policies.
- Serve as a representative for HCA Physician Services products and services to physicians affiliated with HCA hospitals.
- Serve as the integral link between HCA Physician Services and the end users to enhance the use and effectiveness of its products and services.
- Ensure that HCA Physician Services compliance, training and education, policies and procedures are implemented for efficient, effective management of all programs.
- Oversee and support the due diligence process of practice acquisitions and divestitures.
- Serve as Ethics and Compliance Officer.
- Display consistent behavior that enhances the public image of the organization as evidenced by professionalism in interactions with peers, subordinates, customers, (patients, families, physicians, payors, vendors, etc.)
- Provide ongoing orientation, identify and coordinate staff training for new and existing employees.
- Conduct performance evaluations and corrective disciplinary action with staff.
- Maintain strictest confidentiality in the areas of patient, employee and physician relations.
- Practice and adhere to the "Code of Conduct" philosophy and "Mission and Value Statement".
• Knowledge of organizational policies, procedures, systems and objectives.
• Knowledge of HCA Physician Services products and services.
• Knowledge of fiscal management techniques.
• Knowledge of health care administration systems.
• Knowledge of governmental regulations and compliance requirements.
• Knowledge of computer systems and applications.
• Skill in planning, organizing and supervising.
• Skill in exercising initiative, judgment, problem solving, decision-making.
• Skill in developing and maintaining effective relationships with medical and administrative staff, patients and the public.
• Skill in developing comprehensive reports.
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex data.
• Ability to research and prepare comprehensive reports.
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally.
• Bachelors Degree in Health, Business Administration or a related field is required, however, a Masters degree is highly preferred.
• Five years of practice management experience is preferred.
• Experience in managing multiple physician practices across a wide geographic area is preferred.
Last Edited: 04/26/2017