Job Code: 26394-7634
Corpus Christi Medical Center – Corpus Christi, TX
Corpus Christi Medical Center is a Health Care System including Bay Area, Doctors Regional, The Heart Hospital, Northwest Regional, Bayview Behavioral Hospital, Northshore Emergency Center, Northwest Behavioral Health Center and Radiation Oncology at Corpus Christi Cancer Center. We are committed to the care and improvement of human life; constantly striving to deliver high quality, cost-effective healthcare. From caring for fragile newborns to complex cardiovascular patients, Corpus Christi Medical Center ensures the community receives the highest quality medical care available. Corpus Christi Medical Center is a 631-bed Health Care System offering a comprehensive scope of inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services, including: -24-hour Emergency Services - Bariatric Services - Behavioral Health Services - Cancer Diagnostics & Treatment - Cardiovascular Testing & Surgery - Diagnostic Imaging/MRI - Breast Diagnostic Center - Inpatient Rehabilitation - Neonatal Intensive Care Unit – Level I, II, III - Maternal and Neonatal Transport - Neurosurgical and Neurological Services - Orthopedic Services - Outpatient Cardiac Rehabilitation - Women’s Health Center.
Job Title: Licensed Therapist
Position Summary: Applies evidence-based methods and theory to the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of mental, emotional, and behavioral disorders for individuals and families. Responsible for assessing patients to determine goals and priorities for counseling; provides age-specific treatment for patients. Collaborates with physicians, nurses, and other clinical disciplines in making decisions and coordinating each patient's care.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provides psychosocial assessments and treatment to individuals with mental disorders, as well as various behavioral and emotional disturbances.
· Provides individual, group and family counseling.
· Provides crisis intervention counseling as necessary.
· Serves as a member of a multidisciplinary medical treatment team.
· Maintains liaison with area resources and coordinates social services for discharge planning.
· Provides consultation on behavioral health aspects of procedures, policies, and services for volunteers, medical staff, community groups, and patients.
· Recognizes the role of patient in treatment planning.
· Participates in general department meetings, treatment team, and clinical supervision meetings.
· Plans, manages, and provides case management from admission through discharge.
Master’s degree in social work or counseling from an accredited institution. Licensed in the state of Texas as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker, Licensed Professional Counselor, Licensed Master Social Worker, or Licensed Professional Counselor Intern.
Computer skills required; must be able to document in electronic medical records.
Exercises knowledgeable, independent clinical judgment on routine and non-routine matters.
Must be able to work within a multidisciplinary treatment team in a fast-paced urgent care environment.
Last Edited: 03/19/2017