Job Code: 26537-4095
Memorial Hospital of Tampa is seeking a qualified CNA on our 3 Medical Med/Surg unit on an as-needed basis. Interviews are being scheduled now for consideration in our upcoming orientation class.
Working under the supervision of a nurse, the per diem Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients. The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
Your Neighborhood. Your Hospital.
Memorial Hospital of Tampa, a member of HCA West Florida Division, has been providing comprehensive healthcare services for residents of south Tampa for more than 40 years. The 183-bed acute care hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission and provides 24-hour Emergency Care, Behavioral Healthcare, Cardiovascular Services, General Surgery and Imaging & Diagnostic Services. Other specialized services include an accredited Diagnostic Sleep Lab, Digestive Health, Digital Mammography, Health 4 Seniors, Interventional Radiology, Inpatient & Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation, Robotic Surgery, Ophthalmology, Orthopedics, Speech & Language Services, Weight Loss/Bariatric Surgery, Women’s Health, Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine.
Qualifications include but are not limited to:
- High School Graduate or equivalent preferred.
- Current BLS certification through the American Heart Association required.
- Successful completion of a Nursing Assistant training program required.
- Florida Certification as a Nurse Assistant required.
- Previous hospital (acute-care) experience is preferred.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Ability to quickly make decisions to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Last Edited: 03/20/2017