Job Code: 26750-857
Days (rotating weekends)
Oviedo Medical Center will be built on the same property where Oviedo ER, a freestanding emergency department that is a department of Central Florida Regional Hospital in Sanford, is currently located. Oviedo ER will be expanded to 22 beds and will become the Oviedo Medical Center emergency department. In addition to 24/7 emergency care, the new 64-bed acute care hospital will bring a full range of healthcare services to east Seminole County and surrounding communities. Services will include medical and surgical inpatient units, intensive care, medical cardiology, telemetry, cardiac catheterization, inpatient and outpatient surgery, women’s services including labor and delivery, cardiopulmonary services, comprehensive diagnostic imaging and physical, occupational and speech therapy.
Provides ongoing support and expertise through comprehensive assessment, planning, implementation, and overall evaluation of individual patient needs. Enhances the quality of patient management and satisfaction to promote continuity of care and cost effectiveness through the integration of case management, utilization review management and discharge planning.
- Ensures all admissions and continued stays meet clinical criteria for appropriateness and medical necessity.
- Assesses discharge planning needs and coordinates the delivery of care to meet these needs.
- Develops, initiates, and coordinates individual patient case management plans to ensure appropriate level of care across the continuum.
- Ensures plan meets patient's clinical, psychological and discharge needs in collaboration with the attending physician and interdisciplinary team.
- Assesses the health status of assigned patients by collecting and analyzing patient and family data, and expedites and coordinates the delivery of services to facilitate patient’s progression through the healthcare system.
- Performs admission certification screening for patients in accordance with Utilization Plan using ISD criteria, and performs concurrent stay reviews at least every 72 hours for medical necessity using ISD criteria. Maintains documentation on discharge planning notes and charts on patient’s record.
- Evaluates patients educational needs concerning continuum of care and available services and provides information and materials regarding community resources, discharge options, and pre and post treatment options and costs to patient and patient families.
- Acts as an educational resource and provides consultation to hospital medical personnel regarding discharge planning process and applicable federal, state and local regulations; identify benefits, implications and limitations of home care as appropriate.
- Monitors and controls the use of healthcare resources to achieve desired patient outcomes, decrease length of stay, and decrease resource utilization. Identifies and documents delays in care and services and reports findings to department director.
- Tracks and trends barriers to care; makes recommendations and develops action plans to improve processes and systems.
Completion of RN degree program or related health care program
Current License as Registered Nurse in the State of Florida
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED OR PREFERRED:
Minimum of three (3) years recent acute clinical practice or related health care experience
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
Last Edited: 04/18/2017