Skip to main content

Methodist Healthcare

Methodist Healthcare System began as Methodist Hospital, a single, five-story acute care facility that was chartered in 1955 and first opened its doors in 1963. Methodist Hospital was built on dairy and ranch land on the outskirts of northwest San Antonio, beginning the nationally renowned South Texas Medical Center.

Methodist Healthcare System was formed in 1995 by Methodist Hospital's Board of Trustees that formed a 50-50 co-ownership between Methodist Healthcare Ministries, South Texas' largest non-public funding source of community health care; and HCA, the nation's leading provider of health care services.

We are proud to be part of the South Texas community and have such an exceptional team of doctors in San Antonio and surrounding region.

Visit JoinMethodist.com